The Benefits of Using Iontophoresis for Sweaty Palms
If you have sweaty palms, then you know how difficult hyperhidrosis can be to treat. Sure, you can try a few remedies, but they only work temporarily. Treating a sweating problem for the long-term isn't easy. The effort can be a waste of time and money if you're not careful. On the other hand, surgery and BOTOX injections aren't for everybody. Surgery carries risks and injections cost money.
There is one affordable solution that can provide long-term results: Iontophoresis.
Iontophoresis is the only main treatment that is safe, effective, AND affordable. During this type of treatment, your hands are placed in a bowl or plate filled with fluid, which is usually water mixed with sea salt. The bowl is connected to an electrical device. When turned on, a current is sent to your hands.
Each procedure lasts for about 20 minutes, during which time the electrical current and electorytes from the water “thicken” the outer layer of the skin. The extra thickness prevents excessive sweat from surfacing.
Is this treatment right for you? Here are the benefits of using Iontophoresis for sweaty palms:
• Even though the process should be repeated a few times a week for 3 weeks, it still delivers promising results. You can finally achieve your goal of having fresh, dry hands if you follow the instructions. The number of treatments and the amount of time for each depends on the type of machine you use.
• Some insurance companies cover Iontophoresis and some don't. Even if yours doesn't, you can still order your own device. Another option is to turn it into a DIY project and to build your own machine. They are fairly easy to build, and instructions are available online. The parts don't cost much money at all.
• As long as the procedure is administered properly, there are no side-effects or complications. If you want to administer the treatment yourself, be sure to get a good set of instructions. Just to be on the safe side, you should have a health care professional present when you do the first treatment.
• One of the best benefits of Iontophoresis is that it is non-invasive. Even though it requires sending a small volt of electricity to your skin, it's still non-invasive when compared to surgery and injections. The process doesn't even need to be done at a hospital or clinic. Since it's non-invasive, you won't have to worry about complications or infection risks.
• It's not painful or all that uncomfortable. At most, you will feel a slight jolt or tingling. This isn't anything to worry about, especially when compared to the discomfort you would feel with injections or surgery.
• Iontophoresis is more effective and offers better results than holistic treatments. While herbal remedies can be very helpful for some sufferers, they don't work for everybody. Iontophoresis has helped many sufferers of palmar and plantar hyperhidrosis. The technology for this treatment has been around since in the 1950s and has helped many people. It's even more safe and effective now than it was then.
• You don't need to use any special fluids. Tap water is all you really need, although some people add sea salt to enhance the results. Dry devices have been used in experiments, but the results weren't very promising.
• There is no compensatory sweating to worry about. One of the side-effects of surgery is that it can cause compulsory sweating in another part of the body. For instance, if you were to have surgery to prevent excessive palm sweating, you might end up experiencing a sweaty back afterwards. This isn't the case with Iontophoresis.
If you have tried just about everything to keep your hands dry, and still experience excessive sweating, then Iontophoresis is something you might want to consider.